A1S NaviSIM is an applet that is run on SIM cards and used for subscriber interaction triggered by an application server command or by a specified event on the mobile terminal.
The A1S NaviSIM applet serves as the front-end for all A1 Systems solutions that require SIM card based subscriber interaction.
A1 Systems solutions that use A1S NaviSIM:
A1S NaviSIM requires a Java Card 2.2.2 compatible SIM card.
One of the main features of the A1S NaviSIM applet is its modular structure. The applet module is a specialised plug-in that performs a number of functions required for different A1 Systems solutions.
Benefits of the modular technology:
- efficient use of the SIM card capacity due to only the necessary functions being included in the applet,
- reduction in time spent on customizing the applet. The modular structure allows for building applets with custom functionality from pre-made plug-ins that act as building blocks,
- high reliability. All plug‑ins have been tested to be compatible with SIM cards of major vendors and to work with each other in different combinations.
The A1S NaviSIM core applet requires only 3 kB of free space and ensures interaction with the applications server via SMS and Cell Broadcast channels. The core applet ensures the execution of simple DSTK commands on the SIM card:
- displaying text messages on mobile phone screen
- displaying simple dialogue boxes
- sending a specified text message to a specified number
- making a voice call to a specified number.
These core features are enough for most interactions with subscribers.
Main applet plug-ins
- SIM menu is used for organising a DSTK portal for MNO’s value‑added services
- Call PopUp is used for tracking local events on the subscriber’s phone (end of call, send SMS, turn on phone, close browser) and displaying an interactive ads
- Roaming Tracker tracks whether the phone is operated in the roaming and displays a relevant interactive message
- IMEI Tracker is used for tracking the current phone IMEI and sending it to the application server
- Smart Screen is used for displaying text on the phone’s idle screen as idle mode text.
The A1S NaviSIM has been designed to conform to key industry standards, such as ETSI, 3GPP and GlobalPlatform. It is a reliable, tested, high-performance, carrier-grade solution. The applet has been tested to be compatible with SIM cards of all major vendors.
For more details or to order a demonstration of the solution please contact us via email (info@a1‑systems.com) or use the form to the right.