Cell Broadcast is the standard technology for GSM/UMTS networks. Cell Broadcast enables instant delivery of short text messages to all subscribers connected to a set of cells or even to all subscribers across the entire network.
A1S Broadcast is a mass communication solution for Mobile Network Operators based on the Interactive Cell Broadcast technology. The solution equips MNOs with a powerful instrument to enable instant interactive communication with millions of subscribers and makes use of precise time targeting and geo-targeting.
A manager of the Mobile Operator specifies the time and duration of the broadcast, as well as target cells, when the cell broadcasting is being initiated. At the specified time, all subscribers in the target cells simultaneously receive the interactive message. In addition, the message will also be sent to all subscribers entering the area for the duration of the broadcast.
If a subscriber remains in the broadcast range for a long period of time or enters the specified cells repeatedly, the message is displayed once or certain times. It is prevents annoying of subscribers form repeated ad messages.
The message can be broadcast using several thematic channels managed either by the MNO or by the subscriber, with the help of a self-management interface.
The A1S Broadcast relies on A1 Systems’ own SIM applet, the A1S NaviSIM for interacting with the user, who is enabled to subscribe to the service, receive additional information or choose a phone plan option in one or two clicks, thanks to the interactive nature of the broadcast message.
The server side of the solution is based on the A1S MCS platform. Broadcasting campaigns are managed through a user-friendly, intuitive Web graphical user interface to enable the user to:
- specify the time and duration of the interactive message broadcast,
- remotely manage thematic broadcasting channels,
- track and manage the efficiency of a broadcasting campaign in real time.
Benefits for the Mobile Operator
- Setting up geo-targeted message broadcasts with precisely defined target areas, e.g. pinpointing individual airports, railway stations, shopping centres or other similar objects
- Providing location-based services to partners
- Mass notification of subscribers in the event of an emergency in the area with minimum network load and maximum efficiency
- Setting up mass marketing campaigns designed to notify subscribers of newly-launched services or changes in terms of service
- Minimum network load
- Reduced costs of advertising campaign development and analysis thanks to an intuitive, user-friendly Web GUI
- Reduced technical support and administering costs due to using A1S MCS as a single platform
- Free OTA campaign to install of A1S NaviSIM applet on subscribers’ SIM cards
- Support for up to 512 thematic broadcasting channels;
- Managing logical channels either on A1S Broadcast server command or via a MNO-provided self-management interface;
- Connecting partner systems for geo-targeted broadcasting;
- Displaying text in the dedicated area of the phone’s idle screen (aka idle screen mode);
- Displaying messages:
- as a dialogue box with a one-click buy option,
- as a succession of dialogue boxes,
- as an interactive menu with several options;
- Automatic execution of scripts tied to interactive elements in a dialogue box or a menu, i.e. sending a text message with a specified text to a specified number, making a voice call to a specified number, issuing a specified USSD command or launching an Internet browser and loading a specified web page;
- Collecting statistical data and transmitting it to the A1S Event server in real time;
- A user-friendly Web graphical user interface for advertising campaigns management and administering;
- An organiser feature that enables campaign sorting and filtering based on specified criteria;
- Intuitive tools to create dialogues from templates;
- A campaign manager that enables the quick launching of advertising campaigns from templates using drag & drop options;
- Real time tracking of broadcasting campaign results;
- Managing contact policies;
- Automatically generated reports on the results of broadcasting campaigns;
- A Web GUI for call centre employees;
- A Web GUI for state emergency control services.
The A1S Broadcast solution has been designed to conform to key industry standards, such as ETSI, 3GPP and GlobalPlatform. It is a reliable, tested, high-performance, carrier-grade solution.The solution can be installed at the Mobile Operator’s side or hosted by A1 Systems.
For more details or to order a demonstration of the solution please contact us via email (info@a1‑systems.com) or use the form to the right.