A1S Multi IMSI helps the Mobile Network Operators optimise roaming, retain subscribers and provide value-added services to highly profitable clients.
The A1S Multi IMSI solution allows:
to switch their roaming subscribers to their host Mobile Operator’s IMSI and achieve maximum coverage and minimum costs, avoiding the necessity of making a lot of roaming agreements;
- Multinational Mobile Operators
to offer their subscribers a single SIM card with local data plans in every country, where the MNO is operating;
- all Mobile Operators
to offer their subscribers a ‘Two phone numbers on one SIM’ service that will be useful for corporate clients and small and medium-sized enterprises that need to separate business and private calls.
The A1S Multi IMSI solution is a specialised SIM applet that can activate different ISMIs on a single SIM card. The applet can simultaneously store several IMSI values, as well as the relevant authentication parameters and other specific data.
Automatic and manual IMSI switching modes are supported. In the former case the IMSI is switched automatically depending on the network the subscriber is logged into. In the latter case the subscriber can switch IMSI manually via the SIM menu, USSD, SMS or mobile application.
Changing IMSI may change the subscriber’s calling number (MSISDN) or keep it the same, depending on the issue addressed.
The SIM applet is managed remotely by A1S OTA LTE Ready, a proprietary OTA platform.
Benefits for the Mobile Operator
- Maximum roaming coverage at minimum costs
- Maximising profits from actively migrating subscribers
- Acquiring highly profitable subscribers
- Lower SIM card costs due to the small size of the applet
- Better client experience due to reduced IMSI switching times
- Compatibility with SIM cards of all major vendors;
- Automatic IMSI switch while roaming
- Switching IMSI manually via the SIM menu or a USSD command
- Switching IMSI by means of a command sent by the OTA platform
- Changing the automatic IMSI switching logic by means of an OTA platform command
The A1S Multi IMSI solution has been designed to conform to key industry standards, such as ETSI, 3GPP and GlobalPlatform. It is a well tried and reliable carrier-grade solution. The solution has been tested to be compatible with SIM cards of all major vendors.
For more details or to order a demonstration of the solution please contact us via email (info@a1‑systems.com) or use the form to the right.